Bonnie’s Bus is a mobile mammography unit that provides breast cancer screening throughout West Virginia, especially in rural parts of the state with limited or no access to screening mammography.
Bonnie’s Bus was created in honor of Bonnie Wells Wilson, who succumbed to breast cancer in rural West Virginia because of limited access to screening mammography. Bonnie’s daughter and son-in-law, Jo and Ben Statler, established Bonnie’s Bus in 2009 with a generous donation to help prevent other families from losing a loved one to breast cancer.
Since 2009, Bonnie’s Bus has:
- Provided more than 26,000 screening mammograms
- Detected more than 125 cases of breast cancer
- Traveled more than 199,000 miles
- Completed more than 1,500 screening days
- Funded at least 1,800 mammograms through grant funding and donations
UNABLE TO ATTEND THIS YEAR?
Please consider making a donation to Bonnie's Bus instead. Visit the link below to learn more.